Monday 22 April 2013

Kafira for a Day


Kafira for a Day

It’s just one day so let me sway

Let me forget Allah exists this day

Let me forget all the Ayat that I was taught

Let the hadith I know be remembered not

Let me take off my hijab, throw away jilbab

Let make up smear my pouting lips

Let skin tight fabric caress my hips

Let there be jewels, diamontes and types of bling

Let my bumps pop out of this corset thing

Bring out the music and shaitans favourite song

I don’t want to hear what’s right or wrong

Bring out the false lashes and the fake hair

Let my neck and arms lay bare

I have preserved my beauty for so many days

But today ghair men my body gaze

Let them imagine what i’ll be doing tonight

My shame today has taken flight

I am a cheap display for them to enjoy

Stare they can, every man every boy

I look in the mirror and proud I see

A Kafira looking back at me

Guilt now overpowers me

A divine voice inside, I hear it say

It’s your wedding day

Look at it this way

This day could be a blessed first

In sins don’t let your soul immerse

Don’t start your marriage with a curse

Pack away kufr deep in your purse

You still have time to stop and turn

Buy Allah’s mercy in return

Take flight dear bride, from satan run


Image Source: www.nickandzuzu.com


A poem by Umm Shabd. Asalamalaikum: Feel free to share my poem but please give credit and link back this blog. This is not for fame, name or the money game..... this blog is for dawah purposes only so the more poems people read the more ajr we get and you get too. JazakAllah khair.


No comments:

Post a Comment