Sunday 17 August 2014

Niqab and University Degrees

Asalamalaikum,





Niqabi with a University Degree? Where there is a niqabi will - there is a niqabi way :D. Allah will always show us awesome ways to overcome every hurdle in our path inshallah.

I have two sisters mashallah one a full time niqabi, single mum and another a part-time niqabi and alhamdulilah both are enrolled at uni. They are achieving brilliant results and have had no issues studying at campus. The universities have a very high respect policy and security and exam arrangements are carried professionally with a female invigilator inspecting the face before start-time.

I fell pregnant at 20 so I'm lagging behind a little. What with 4 children over the past 6 years I'm still in my second year of uni and all my studies are on hold for the time being. 

Being a mum of 4, full-time wife, and full-time housecleaner/chef/laundromat/chocolate-off-wall scrubber it is hard for me to attend uni physically so I study online with Macquarie University.

If attending uni and wearing niqab is hard for you, don't give up. Study Online. Tackle Modernity head on.

Open Universities Australia:
http://www.open.edu.au/

Islamic Online University:
http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/

Alhamdulilah I gave up my previous degree because of its incompatibility with niqab. Alhamduliah that same year Open University Australia ads bloomed out from nowhere.These are the beautiful moments I live for moments where you do something for Allah and think that there is no way some solution comes about and bang. It's almost as if to say "Gotcha! You thought Allah wouldn't find a way for you but here I am". A miracle hits you. Allah will always help us if we sacrifice in this deen. 




Umm Musk :)

No comments:

Post a Comment