Sunday 3 March 2013

Bathroom {Cleaning + Organising}


Asalamalaikum dear sisters :D

The first place I start my cleaning is the bathroom. On my cleaning checklist the first thing is ‘wipe bathroom counters”. This is something I need to do every morning otherwise it can get pretty messy with the toddlers. Also they like to brush their teeth and wash their little faces by themselves so cleanliness is a must since they put their hands on the bathroom sink for support.

I use a sponge with a scrub and a spray ‘n’ wipe to clean the sink, taps, toothbrush holders, flower holder. I spray a little in a few spaces, then use the cloth to spread the product all over rather than spray everywhere. This uses lesser chemical but cleans just as well. Then I grab my watering can, fill it with the hottest possible temperature of water and pour it all over the sink to wash away the grime. Then I wipe it all down with a chux cloth.

If required I spray the watering can and give that a wash as well.

I find myself cleaning the floor and tub everyday subhanallah. I usually do this using an outdoor broom that scrubs the spray n wipe into the grout giving it a good clean and is also useful for guiding the water into the drain once it's time to wash away the chemical. 

The viva glass cleaning wipes are a great product for keeping the glass streak free. 

I went on an environmentally friendly expedition of using baking soda and vinegar on the tiles inside the shower area and alhamdulilah it seemed to work out well for me as I didn't have to stand there breathing in the fumes of the bleach that I normally use. I will write a blog post about this environmentally friendly technique inshallah for the bathroom and for the fridge. 

Mr. Clean bathroom wipes from Bunnings are absolutely wonder for the soap scum especially around the taps. 
.


Beautiful and clean bathrooms make wudu a nice experience. Prepare for Salah in a beautiul environment inshallah. 
Inshallah this helps some of you who are struggling with managing housework and Islam. I was struggling quite woefully at one point especially having three babies under the age of three. Alhamdulilah! Allah is helping me and he will help you too. Make plenty of dua sisters and make your intention sincerely for the sake of Allah inshallah (I make dua for myself and my blog guests....all this cleaning is hard stuff!)

(Now 4 kids under 5 subhallah)

Umm Musk


No comments:

Post a Comment