Monday 26 August 2013

Giant Pancakes

The kids were screaming, smoke alarm blaring and and I was late for dhuhr salah.

"Pancaaaaake!" Screamed my 4 year old. She wanted pancake and she wanted it now. Her want was echoed by two other little voices.

I took out my dosa pan, and poured in three times the batter I usually would.

And subhanallah giant pancake came into existence, I poured in 2 more and my job was done. Alhamdulilah. Great idea for busy sisters.







The above is a serving platter! Not a plate. Alhamdulilah.



Ingredients:

1 cup self raising flour
1 cup yogurt/buttermilk
1/2 cup castor/white sugar
1 egg beaten slightly
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons milk (add more if consistency is too thick)
Orange rind
Freshly squeezed orange for taste

Method:
Mix eggs, sugar, milk, yogurt, butter with a wooden spoon.
Sift in flour, mix well
In a large non stock pan,  place a dollop of butter, let butter melt, pour batter right on top of butter and spread to 1.5 cm thickness with a metal spoon (avoid using wooden spoon) using a circlular outward motion.
Lift out using a large extended egg flip

Makes 3 giant pancakes 

No comments:

Post a Comment