Wednesday 28 May 2014

My baby is here, Alhamdulilah

Asalamalaikum :)

Alhamdulilah our new arrival has made it safe and sound to our arms. Allah has blessed us with a little baby girl and we are very happy to finally have her here.






She was born at 41 weeks and 2 days gestation, 9 days past her due date, weighing 3.5kgs - the heaviest baby I have delivered yet, a bright fluro pink on a beautiful Friday right before Jumuah. Hubby alhamdulilah made it down for the delivery from the countryside on the Monday as I was having a false labour. I'm sure he prayed Jumuah with a tremedous amount of stress off his shoulders.

After a whole week of various induction methods, sweeps, admission to hospital for Prostin (which alhamdulilah wasn't able to be conducted) and artificial rupture of membranes and finally a syntocinon drip, Allah fulfilled my wish of having a natural labour.

We had an syntocinon induction booked at 7am Friday morning. The day started off a little rough as the hospital wanted my artificial rupture to be performed by a male doctor. Alhamdulilah I was prepared with much dua and packed my dear husband to deal with the midwives trying to give me a male. Hubby put his foot down, so did I. We had waited the ultimate length for this baby and we were willing to wait another few hours for a female doctor to arrive. Alhamdulilah since it was my fourth delivery we weren't gullible enough to fall for the "no female doctors available" excuse. We travelled all the way down from the countryside to have an all female delivery and we weren't going to budge. Alhamdulilah, three female doctors arrived not long after that due to some difficulties in engaging the little one's head.

I was also grateful for a double room with an ensuite and a window alhamdulilah in the maternity ward. There were a few hiccups with the noisy neighbours in the bed next door but alhamdulilah I'm back home. May Allah forgive that family, they were lovely people (muslim too), just too loud for hospitals subhanallah.

I cut short my hospital stay and rushed home, happy, safe (and quiet). Alhamdulilah for all his blessings and may Allah forgive us when we complain but may we learn from others' mistakes so we don't repeat them inshallah.

Anyway that's all over now and mashallah can't stop looking at my little pink bundle, the dark hair on her little head, her tiny little hands, her little legs - the size of my own hand, little socks, little hats, little nappies, everything is so miniature compared to my other children. Mashallah wa alhamdulilah.



Mama of 4 little blessings
Umm Musk :)


  

No comments:

Post a Comment