Friday 13 June 2014

Bright Starts Pretty in Pink Flutter Dot Baby Bouncer Review

Asalamalaikum :D





With BabyGirl 2 I bought a Bright Starts Savanna Dreams bouncer and it worked really well for us. Since it was already tried and tested, BrightStarts was the choice for BabyGirl 3 too, although this time I went for something with added features and extra comfort. 

The Pretty in Pink Flutter Dot bouncer arrived this morning and I am every bit pleased with it! Alhamdulilah.

As the name suggests it is quite pretty but what improves it from the Savanna Dreams is the extra padding for comfort, the removable head rest and the vibrations option. I love the velvety warm fabric, excellent for this very cold winter right now. It is super light so I can move it around with me through the house and take it to friends houses inshallah. 

Savanna Dreams vs Flutter Dot vs Comfort and Harmony

Price wise, Savanna Dreams is around $37,  the Flutter Dot is $59 and the Comfort and Harmony at around $79 (online shopping prices). 

I liked my old Savanna Dreams bouncer and would have used it for BabyGirl3 but it was ruined since it developed mould in storage, rain got to it somehow subhanallah.  

I was leaning towards the Comfort and Harmony but it just looked a little to warm for Summer. Baby Girl 3 will be 6 months inshallah by December, this is when I'll be needing the bouncer the most so I decided against it. 

The Flutter Dot seemed like the perfect middle choice between the Savanna Dreams and the Comfort and Harmony. 

Newborn Use

I do get a little worried about putting newborns into bouncers as the curvature of the cradle is a little deep for newborns. Since BabyGirl 3 is only 3 weeks old she won't be spending too much time in it but I just don't want her getting too used to be held all the time by loving grandmas and aunties. May Allah help me when I go back to my own house. So now I'm just popping her in to get used to it, the curvature is not too bad for small periods of time. 

Bouncer vs Rocker

Speaking of being on my own - this is why I chose I bouncer over a rocker. I love the way the bouncer soothes the baby as she starts to cry. Her own movements push off the bouncing motion, which gives me enough time to wrap up mum duties and come to attend her needs. Rockers need to pushed with a foot, which means if my foot is there then I must be too and if I'm there then she shouldn't be crying in a contraption, she should be snug and cuddly in my arms! :)

Putting it all together





The top of the bouncer is just two pieces that snap tgether to make this piece:


The lower bar is made up with three pieces snapped together:



The top and bottom pieces join in the middle to make a full cradle


Attach the vibration device:


This part is a little tricky, it needs a little force. This device should be placed before the padded cover.


Padded cover easily buckles tight at the back


The flower head rest is placed in with a piece of velcro at the top


Easy remove toybar:




All Done :D

Very easy to put together alhamdulilah.



Umm Musk :)





No comments:

Post a Comment