Sunday 5 May 2013

My Cleaning Routine {Printable}

Asalamalaikum Sisters :D

Alhamdulilah I have finally been able to put together my cleaning routine after much fiddling and jiggling with fonts and borders. Here it is by the will of Allah.

The routine is comprised of duties you  carry out in the morning, duties for the evening and duties you perform on a weekly basis. It is very simplified so at a glance you can see exactly what you have to do and when. 

It is great for new mums to get through that hazy faze of getting back on track after the little whirlwind of babyness triumphs throughout the house. It may also be useful for students living away, newly wed brides and sisters like me who just get side tracked and lose focus very easily - daydreamers.

If you would like an A4 printable version of this routine please click here: Printable Cleaning RoutineAlternatively, if you would like the image below in a larger format, please email: muslimmumsmirror@hotmail.com. Please note that the format is in a PNG file.




Sorry about the size. I can't fit the original size on this blog. The Printable version I have linked above is a lot clearer.

I am not going to take credit for the way this has been cleverly planned out. I got the idea from a video on youtube who got the original cleaning routine off littlegreennotebook's blog who got it from her friend who is a mum of three little toddlers (just like me! I had to take the inspiration :)) 

It has fixed up my life subhanallah and I make dua for all the women who led me to this life saving routine. May Allah bless them and guide them to the light of the deen. Ameen.


Dividing the Day

Basically what you do is carry out the morning routines, do what you need to do during the day, then in the evening you come back to carry out the evening clean. The day is basically divided into two cleaning times. I like to set a deadline and dart around the house before the time is up. I usually put on a fast paced nasheeds and try to end my task before the end of each song.

One Chore a Day

In the morning I have the "chore of the day". Every day has a different chore, so these duties are carried out on a daily basis.

One Swing Chore a Week

If you have a look on Monday, there is a swing chore. You have to refer to the swing chore listed beneath to see which duty you have to carry out that week. There were four duties originally, the fourth being "clean rugs and upholstery". Since I don't have rugs (and didn't have space on the page) I skipped it.

One Room a Day

On my routine I have added a room for everyday. This is because of the age of my children. Being very young, my children perform all sorts mess making monstrosities. So I have a lot of extra work to do besides the "chore of the day", there will chocolates marks, socks filled with grapes, potatoes in the toybox, spoons in the bedroom, unmentionable things in the bathrooms....so everyday I have a room to check for any thing....unusual. 

Changing Linen Everyday


I've put down changing linen for Thursday but this is only for single or elderly sisters. I have found that with the children, I end up changing the sheets everyday because of the nappies. You just don't  know when it may have leaked. Toddlergirl2 sleeps next to me on our queen bed during the night sometimes so I need to change the linen because I breastfeed her lying down in the same place during the day. I am very careful about this because any wee wee on the bed may nullify my clothes for prayer.

Bathroom Cleaning Everyday

I found that the bathroom also needs to be cleaned everyday because it seems to be the most favorite place in the house. My babies get so excited about teeth brushing, making wudhu, taking showers and playing in the bathtub with blocks. 

Inshallah I hope this helps. I will also inshallah try to put up posts relating to each step of the routine in detail. May Allah help us all. 










Umm Musk :)

No comments:

Post a Comment